Côte d'Azur / French Riviera Birthday Trip!

31 August 2011

We've been in Nice for the last few days celebrating my Golden Birthday - Dave had never heard of it, so maybe it is a Chicago thing.  A Golden Birthday is the birthday you turn the age of your birth day - in my case, I turned 27 on August 27th.  
One huge advantage to living here is the (very) inexpensive travel on easyjet, which has a hub in Geneva.  We definitely take advantage of this and I believe our tickets to Nice were about 70 USD round trip.  Dave and I spent a long weekend SCUBA diving, eating seafood, drinking rosé and sunning on the beach.  It was wonderful.  The Mediterranean is gorgeous, and much warmer in August than in June, when we went to a different part of the French Riviera (Cassis) for Dave's birthday.   This is the beach in Nice!  It is rocky, not sandy so you have to make sure you lay your towel on non-pointy rocks.  Or, rent a beach chair for the day.  The weather there is fabulous, and the SCUBA diving was beautiful.  Dave is the best husband and gave me the most amazing birthday ever! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment