A surprise party and more Berner Oberland!

26 August 2011

My post is a bit late tonight because I have awesome friends!  Every week a few of us have a wine and dinner night where we get together, eat, and taste yummy wines.  Today, I read a bit about the Loire since Sarah was planning on talking about Muscadet.  However, I had a huge shock when D and I walked into their apartment and a bunch of our friends jumped out!  Sarah and Dave had planned a surprise party for my birthday!  Dave said I looked terrified and then very happy.  I promptly burst into tears because apparently that is what I do when I am happy.  Everyone brought delicious food and Sarah made red velvet cupcakes, my absolute favorite!  I am very blessed to have such fabulous, fantastic friends.  The 27th of August is my actual birthday, and this year, my golden birthday.  So, Dave and I are flying down to Nice on Saturday for our last SCUBA dives of the summer.  If this is how my late twenties is going to be, I'm (surprisingly) excited to see what this year has in store for me! 


And now onto more photo(s) of the beautiful Berner Oberland region...


We hiked from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg and had some amazing views on the way.  In the middle of the hike, our path opened up to an open field area with benches and springy grass to sit.  We had a picnic with great views of the Eiger, Monch, and Jungfrau. 
Our group at the most picturesque picnic spot in Switzerland.  

Requisite kissy photo, puke if you must.  :) 

When we made it just about to Kleine Scheidegg, we saw the first hint of civilization again - a restaurant that served cold beer for the guys and ice cream and 7 up for the girls.  It was a welcome treat!  



0 comments:

Post a Comment